General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Bite Sized Britain/Six Things is very conscious of its responsibilities under data protection regulations and the GDPR directive that came into force on 25th May 2018.
Any subscriber can ask at any time to be removed from our distribution list/database, and to see any data we hold about them.
Bite Sized Britain/Six Things may from time-to-time share aggregate data with our partners, but in all such cases, this data will be made fully anonymous.
At no point will your details be shared with third parties without your permission.
Submitting Personal Data
When subscribing to our newsletter, Bite Sized Britain/Six Things will use information collected about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) implemented on 25th May 2018.
- Bite Sized Britain/Six Things may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to bitesizedbritain.co.uk or 6things.online (such as your name and email address) when you subscribe to our newsletter.
- Bite Sized Britain/Six Things will send you daily newsletters when you sign-up for them, which are clearly labelled during the subscription process.
- By subscribing and submitting your data you agree to this use.
- Bite Sized Britain/Six Things will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, Bite Sized Britain and Six Things is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office [notification number ZA200395].
- If you believe Bite Sized Britain/Six Things has information about you that you do not want the Bite Sized Britain/Six Things to have or that is incorrect, please contact us and we shall correct or remove the data as you request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Bite Sized Britain/Six Things uses Google Analytics to measure anonymous information about our site visitors, such as visit frequency, duration and approximate geographical location.
Additional information such as age, gender, and interests are also made available to us but only if they’re available.
All of this information is completely anonymous, and is used purely to help us align our content better with our audience.
If you would like to opt out of being tracked with Google Analytics, you can visit Google’s opt-out page.